You can configure automated email or text messages (SMS) notifications to notify a service provider when a guest checks in for their scheduled appointment. In case of appointments involving multiple service providers, the first service provider is notified when the guest checks in. The notification can be customized to include basic center details, services included in the appointment, and service start and end time.
Table of Contents
Configure and Customize Email or Text Message (SMS) Template
To configure and customize the email/text messages (SMS) template, follow the below steps:
- Make sure you are at the Organizational level.
- On the main menu, click the Admin tab. The Admin Dashboard appears.
- On Admin Dashboard, click Organization > Organizations. The Manage Organization window opens.
- Click Email/Texts tab.
- Scroll down to the Employee section.
- To enable email/text notification for appointment check-in, click Edit next to Appointment Check-in.
- In the edit window, the below templates can be customized:
- Appointment Check in - Email
- Select Turn this automated email on checkbox to send automated emails.
- To send an email copy (Cc), click Add to include recipients by Username, employee Role or Email.
Note: For recipients added by Role, all employees mapped to the role selected in the guest's base center, will receive the email notification.
- Edit the Subject field and use the Available Macros if required.
- Use the Available Macros to customize the content for Plain Text and HTML emails. Depending on the recipient's browser, the email is delivered as plain text (no formatting and images) or HTML text (includes images, links and formatting).
Note:Click the Full Screen icon in the editor to edit the text in full screen mode.
- Appointment Check in - Text Messages (SMS)
- Select Turn this automated message on checkbox to send automated text messages.
- To Forward a message automatically, click Add to include recipients by Username, employee Role or PhoneNo.
Note: For recipients added by Role, all employees mapped to the role selected in the guest's base center, will receive the message.
- Use the Available Macros to customize text messages.
Note: Messages with more than 160 alphanumeric characters will require two or more text (SMS) credits. Messages with one or more Unicode characters (international/multilingual text characters) will require one text credit for every 70 characters.
A macro is a placeholder text that gets replaced with specific data when inserted into an automated email/text message. Use the below macros to customize emails/text messages to include information such as organization name, guest name, service name, etc. For example, the [CenterName] macro gets replaced with the center’s name.
There are several possible reasons why a service provider did not receive an intended email/text message. Below mentioned are some common scenarios and troubleshooting tips:
- Verify that there are enough email and text (SMS) credits in the center to send notifications. You can view your available credits in the right panel at the organization/center level. Contact Support if you wish to add credits.
- Check for the following in the Employee Profile:
- Verify if the service provider has a valid phone number/email address.
- Ensure that Receive Transactional Emails and Receive Transactional Text Messages (SMS) check boxes are selected.