You can configure Zenoti such that all employees earn a percentage of the sales price as commission on selling a particular product. Zenoti first considers the configurations at the item level (in this case, the product level). Learn more: Employee Commissions - An Overview and Configuring Product Commissions at the Product Level
To configure product commissions based on a percentage of sales price:
- Ensure you are at the Organization level.
- Click Admin on the main menu.
The Admin Dashboard appears.
- Expand Resources.
- Click Products.
A list of products appears.
- Click Add.
The Create Product page appears. The commission-related settings appear in the General tab.
- In the General tab, for Commissions option, select Yes.
- For Commission Adjustment, specify a number in percentage. Example: If you specify 50% here, it means employees will get half the amount of commission. Similarly, if you speciffy 100%, it means employees will get the full amount, and 200% means, employees will get double the amount of commission. You may also update this field to a higher or lower percentage depending on the time of the year. For instance, you may give an employee 200% commission during a festive season to encourage employees to earn double and during the rest of the year, you may want to retain 100% as the standard value.
- For Commission Type, select Percentage of Sales Price.
- Enter the percent of sales price you wish to give as commission.
Example: If a product costs $2000 and you specify 20% here, it means employees earn $400 as commission each time they sell one unit of that particular product. This also assumes you have specified 100% in the Commission Adjustment field.
- Click Next.
- [Optional] Enter or select details for Price, Vendors, Catalog, Variants, and Related products.
- Click Finish.
Learn more: Configuring Product Commissions at the Individual Employee Level and Configuring Product Commissions at the Job Level
Worked Example and Impact on Employee Reports
Consider the following:
|Cost of product||$2000|
|Commission for Product sale is Percentage of sales price||20%|
|Commission earned by employee when one unit is sold||$400|
|Number of units sold||2|
|Commission earned by employee when two units are sold||$800|
If this is the scenario, then the Employee Commissions Report, Employee Payroll Summary Report, and Employee Payroll Details Report display details of this commission. See following screenshots for reference.
Best Practise: To view all the columns of the report, always export these reports - the UI shows fewer columns.
The Employee Commission Report shows the commission as follows:
The Employee Payroll Summary Report shows the commission as follows:
The Employee Payroll Details Report shows the commission as follows: