Series Packages are packages that offer a set of services and products, usually at a discounted price. Such packages have an expiry date - guests need to avail all the services of the Series Package within this time.
Before You Begin
Before you begin, verify that the following configurations are in place:
- You should have already created a Series Package at the Organizational level. Under General tab, ensure you have configured a Minimum partial payment (in percentage "%") Learn more: To Setup A Day, Series or Promo Package
- You should have already created Package Categories.
- Ensure that the check box Enable redemptions on open packages is selected from Organization > Organizations > Settings > Packages.
To sell a series package when a guest makes a partial payment with no fixed schedule for the balance amount, follow these steps:
- Launch POS using one of the following methods:
- Click the POS icon on the top right corner of the Appointment Book.
- Click anywhere on the Appointment Book and select Point of Sale from the list of options.
The Point of Sales window opens.
- In the POS window, enter the guest details as follows:
- If you have opened POS by clicking the POS icon or Point of Sale option, in the guest details section at the top of the POS, enter either the mobile number, first name, or last name of the guest, and select a matching record from the list of suggestions.
- If the guest record doesn't exist in system, enter the following required guest details to create a new guest record:
- Mobile number
- First name
- Last name
The guest details now appear in the top panel of the POS window.
- Click the Packages tab at the bottom of the POS window.
Search for and select the Series Package from the list of options.
Example: Here, the guest is buying a haircut package (8 haircuts with the next 2 haircuts free) at the cost of $900.
- Select the name of the employee who made the sale in the Sale By option. This detail may be used in your organization to calculate commissions for employees based on sale of products.
Learn more: Configuring Product Commissions at Individual Employee Level.
- Click Add Package.
If there are any products that are bundled as part of the service, the name of the product, the quantity and the price per unit appears.
- Click OK.
Note: The details of the package appear in the Invoice section. This includes the price of the services and for the products. In this case, the price of the products is inclusive of the price of the package and is controlled by the package level setting.
Learn more: To Setup A Day, Series Or Promo Package.
- (Optional) If you want to give any discount, enter the discount and click the arrow button next to it.
- (Optional) If the guest has any membership discount that is redeemable, select the membership and click the arrow button next to it.
- (Optional) If the guest has a cash back or a custom coupon which is redeemable, enter the coupon number in the Coupon # field and click the arrow button next to it.
- (Optional) If there is any active marketing campaign going on for the package, select the Campaign.
- (Optional) In the Comments box, type helpful notes.
- Use the Collect Payment section to take partial payment for the package.
Note: This package is set up with a minimum partial payment that the guest needs to pay to be able to start using the services of the package. In case a guest pays an amount that is lesser than the minimum configured amount, the application prompts you accordingly. That is, suppose the minimum configured amount is $150 and the guest tries to pay $100, then the application prompts the front office to collect a minimum of $150.
- Once the guest makes the minimum partial payment, click Add Payment.
The partially paid amount appears in the bottom panel of the Collect Payment section while the balance amount is recalculated and appears in the top panel as the outstanding amount.
- Click the Pay Now link next to the Outstanding amount, to view Open Invoices.
In this way, you can track the guest payments for the package each time she come in to avail services from the package, till you recover the entire cost.
Note: The invoice shows visual clues to prompt the front desk to ask for pending payments. The icon indicates that the guest has purchased Packages that are active. And the icon indicates that the guest owes some money.
- Close the invoice with either the Print or SMS option.
See related articles: