You can configure automated email/text messages (SMS) notifications to remind guests of Packages that are about to expire. The configuration at the Organization level determines when the reminder email or text should be sent (number of days before/after expiry of the package). You can customize the notification to include details such as center name, package name, package expiry, etc.
Table of Contents
- Configure and Customize Package Expiry Reminder Email or Text Message (SMS) Template
- Available Macros
- Troubleshooting Tips
To configure and customize the Package Expiry Reminder email/text messages (SMS) template, follow the below steps:
- Ensure you are at the Organizational level.
- On the main menu, click the Admin tab.
The Admin Dashboard appears.
- On Admin Dashboard, click Organization > Organizations.
The Manage Organization window opens.
- Click Email/Texts tab.
- Scroll down to the Guest section.
- To enable email/text notification for package expiry, click Edit next to Package Expiry Reminder.
- Configure the following settings in the Edit Organization window:
- Package Expiry Reminder - Email
- To send automated emails, select the Turn this automated email on check box.
- To send an email copy (Cc), click Add to include recipients by Username, employee Role or Email.
Note: For recipients added by Role, all employees mapped to the role selected in the guest's base center, will receive the email notification.
- Edit the Subject field and use the Available Macros if required.
- Use the Available Macros to customize the content for Plain Text and HTML emails. Depending on the recipient's browser, the email will be delivered as plain text (no formatting and images) or HTML text (includes images, links and formatting).
Note: Click the Full Screen icon in the editor to edit the text in full screen mode.
- Package Expiry Reminder - Text Messages (SMS)
- To send automated texts, select the Turn this automated text on check box.
- To Forward a message automatically, click Add to include recipients by Username, employee Role or PhoneNo.
Note: For recipients added by Role, all employees mapped to the role selected in the guest's base center, will receive the message.
- Use the Available Macros to customize text messages.
Note: Messages with more than 160 alphanumeric characters will require two or more text (SMS) credits. Messages with one or more Unicode characters (international/multilingual text characters) will require one text credit for every 70 characters.
- Package Expiry Reminder - Email
- Click Save.
A macro is a placeholder text that gets replaced with specific data when inserted into an automated email/text message. Use the below macros to customize emails/text messages to include information such as organization name, guest name, center details, etc. For example, the [OrgName] macro gets replaced with the organization name.
Package expiry date (corresponds to the Expiration date field in Guest profile->Packages tab)
Name of the center’s organization
Name of the guest’s base center
First name of the guest
Last name of guest
Primary phone number of the guest's base center (corresponds to the Phone 1 field in the center settings)
Secondary phone number provided for the guest's base center (corresponds to the Phone 2 field in the center settings)
Additional center information provided in the Additional Text field in the guest's base center Settings->Invoice & Receipts
Name of the package that is nearing expiry or has expired (corresponds to the Package Name field in Guest profile->Packages tab)
The invoice number generated when the package was purchased
The package purchase date (corresponds to the Purchase Date field in Guest profile->Packages tab)
Link to download the Customer Mobile Application (CMA) (CMA should be enabled at the Center level)
Email address of the guest's base center
There are several possible reasons why an email/text message is not delivered or is not seen by a guest. Below mentioned are some common scenarios and troubleshooting tips.
- Guest cannot view an email.
Email could have been delivered to the guest's Spam folder instead of the Inbox. Guide the guest to check the Spam folder.
- Notification was not delivered.
Navigate to the guest profile and click the Notifications tab to review the status of notifications sent. A notification could have a Sent, Pending or Failed status.
- If the status is Sent, the message has been delivered successfully.
- If the status is Pending, then Zenoti is awaiting confirmation that the email was delivered. Check the status after a few minutes.
- If the status is Failed, it could mean that one of the following prerequisites have not been met:
- Navigate to Admin > Organization >Settings and ensure Activate email and Activate text message options are selected.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization >Settings and ensure Email guest on package expiry field is selected.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization >Email/Texts and ensure the Package Expiry Reminder template is turned On in the EMAIL/TEXTS tab.
- Verify that there are enough email and text (SMS) credits in the center to send notifications. You can view your available credits in the right panel at the organization/center level. Contact Support to add credits.
- Verify if the guest profile has a valid phone number/email address.
- Verify in the guest profile, if the guest has opted to receive notifications. The Receive Transactional Emails and Receive Transactional Text Messages (SMS) check boxes must be selected.