Zenoti allows you to set up different types of membership in your organization (at the organization level) with varied payment options, benefits, and schedules.
In this article, you will understand how to sell a recurring membership (where guests are allowed to pay the membership fee at regular intervals in terms of months and avail membership benefits upon each successful payment).
Note: Before you can sell a recurring membership without a setup fee, you must create a recurring membership without a setup fee in the Marketing Module and make it available to various centers. For more information on creating a recurring membership without a setup fee, see Creating a Membership.
It is also important to communicate properly with the front office staff about the membership details, benefits, selling points, and other useful information.
To sell a Recurring Membership without a Setup Fee, do the following:
- Launch POS using one of the following methods:
- For a walk-in guest: Click the POS icon on the top right corner of the Appointment Book.
- For a walk-in guest: Click an empty space in the Appointment Book and click Point of Sale from the options.
- For a guest with an appointment: Click the guest’s appointment in the Appointment Book, and from the menu, click Take Payment. POS window opens with the guest’s details.
- In the POS window, enter the guest details as follows:
- If you have opened POS from the guest’s appointment using the Take Payment option, the details of the guest are pre-populated and no further details of the guest are required to continue with the sale.
- If you have opened POS by clicking the POS icon or Point of Sale option, in the guest details section at the top of the POS, enter either the mobile number, first name, or last name of the guest, and select a matching record from the list of suggestions.
- If the guest record doesn't exist in system, enter the following required guest details to create a new guest record:
- Mobile number
- First name
- Last name
Note: The First name and Last name fields are always mandatory. You can choose to make Gender, Email, and Referral source fields mandatory from the Organization Settings (ADMIN > ORGANIZATIONS > SETTINGS > GUESTS).
- In the lower left hand pane of the window, click the MEMBERSHIP tab.
- In the Membership field, from the drop-down list, select the recurring membership (without setup fee) that the guest wants to buy.
Zenoti auto fills the Price and the description of the membership is displayed next to the Membership field.
Note: The front office can use the description to check if they have selected the correct membership when there are multiple memberships with similar names.
- In the Sale By list, select the name of the employee who sold the membership.
- In the Bill Date field, today's date is selected by default. You can change the date to any date in the future.
Note: The guest is charged the amount for the membership on the date you specify here and is charged again in future as per the settings specified in the Payment Frequency or Payment Installments of the membership. For more information, see the Setup Payment Options of Creating a Membership.
- Click Add Membership.
The membership is added.
- (Optional) If the customer has a cash back or a custom coupon which is redeemable on the membership, in the top left hand pane, enter the coupon number in the Coupon # field and click the arrow button next to it to give the appropriate discount.
- (Optional) If there is any active marketing campaign going on for the membership, click Campaign list and click the campaign.
- (Optional) In the Comments box, enter helpful notes.
- Use the Collect Payment section to take payment for the membership.
Note: You must be aware of the following when collecting payment for a recurring membership without a setup fee:
- Not all payment types are available while collecting payment for the membership.
- A guest can pay for the membership using only one of the following options:
- Pre-paid/Gift Card
- The payment type you choose when paying for a membership the first time, becomes the default payment method when collecting payment on the Bill Date. For example, if a guest makes the first payment for a recurring membership card using cash, the next payment also requires the payment for the recurring membership to be made using cash. To know how you can change the default payment type for a membership, see Changing the Payment Type of a Recurring Membership.
- If a guest chooses to pay using a credit card, you must store the card details (if not already present) in Zenoti to facilitate charge to the credit card on the Bill Date.
- If the guest chooses to pay for the membership using a Pre-paid or Gift card, the default payment method when collecting payment on the Bill Date changes to cash. To know how you can change the default payment type for a membership, see Changing the Payment Type of a Recurring Membership.
- If the Bill Date is set to today's date, you will see a Add Payment button. If you have selected a future date, you will see a Save Payment button.
Bill Date is set to today's date Bill Date is set to a future date
- Based on the button clicked, the following takes place:
- If Add Payment is clicked, the payment is added and you can close the invoice using the Print or SMS buttons.
- If Save Payment is clicked, a message stating that "Future bill date saved successfully and Recurring collection will start from <date>" appears. Click OK.