You can configure automated email/text messages (SMS) notifications to notify guests when they are upgraded to a higher tier in a tiered loyalty program. The tier settings in the loyalty points program determines the spend criteria that qualifies a guest to be upgraded to a higher tier. The notification can be customized to include details such as center details, tier details, loyalty points balance, etc.
Configure Email or Text Message (SMS) Template
To configure and customize the email/text messages (SMS) template, follow the below steps:
- Ensure you are at the Organizational level.
- On the main menu, click the Admin tab.
The Admin Dashboard appears.
- On Admin Dashboard, click Organization > Organizations.
The Manage Organization window opens.
- Click Email/Texts tab.
- Scroll down to the Guest section.
- To enable email/text notification for tier upgrade, click Edit next to Loyalty Points Tier Upgrade.
- In the edit window, the below fields can be customized:
- Loyalty Points Tier Upgrade - Email
- Select the Turn this automated email on check box to send automated emails.
- To send an email copy (Cc), click Add to include recipients by Username, employee Role or Email.
Note: For recipients added by Role, all employees mapped to the role selected at the guest's base center, will receive the email notification.
- Edit the Subject field and use the Available Macros if required.
- Use the Available Macros to customize the content for Plain Text and HTML emails. Depending on the recipient's browser, the email will be delivered as plain text (no formatting and images) or HTML text (includes images, links and formatting).
Note: Click the Full Screen icon in the editor to edit the text in full screen mode.
- Loyalty Points Tier Upgrade - Text Messages (SMS)
- Select the Turn this automated message on check box to send automated texts.
- To Forward a message automatically, click Add to include recipients by Username, employee Role or PhoneNo.
Note: For recipients added by Role, all employees mapped to the role selected at the guest's base center, will receive the message.
- Use the Available Macros to customize text messages.
Note: Messages with more than 160 alphanumeric characters will require two or more text (SMS) credits. Messages with one or more Unicode characters (international/multilingual text characters) will require one text credit for every 70 characters.
A macro is a placeholder text that gets replaced with specific data when inserted into an automated email/text message. Use the below macros to customize emails/text messages to include information such as organization name, guest name, center details, etc. For example, the [OrgName] macro gets replaced with the organization name.
There are several possible reasons why an email/text message was not delivered or is not to be seen to a guest. Below mentioned are some common scenarios and troubleshooting tips:
Guest cannot view an email.
Email could have been delivered to the guest's Spam folder instead of the inbox. Guide the guest to check the Spam folder.
Notification was not delivered.
- Navigate to the guest profile and click the Notifications tab to review the status of notifications sent. A notification could have a Failed, Sent or Pending status.
- If the status is Sent, the message has been delivered successfully.
- If the status is Pending, then Zenoti is awaiting confirmation that the email was delivered. Check the status again after a few minutes.
- If the status is Failed, it could mean that one of the following prerequisites have not been met:
- Check the following Organization level settings:
- Navigate to Admin > Organization >Settings and ensure Activate email and Activate text message options are selected.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization >Email/Texts and ensure the Loyalty Points Tier Upgrade template is turned On in the EMAIL/TEXT tab.
- Verify that there are enough email and text (SMS) credits in the center to send notifications. You can view your available credits in the right panel in the organization level. Contact Support if you wish to add credits.
- Check for the following in the Guest Profile:
- Verify if the guest profile has a valid phone number/email address.
- Verify if the guest has opted to receive notifications. The Receive Transaction Emails and Receive Transaction Text Messages (SMS) check boxes must be selected.