Read our August Upgrade blog post for major feature enhancements in the August 2016 release. What's New includes only the features that are not explained in the blog post.
Your Zenoti account was upgraded on August 30. Here’s what’s new.
MAXIMIZE YOUR REVENUE WITH WAITLISTS
Every time you turn a guest away, whether it’s because your schedule is full or the guest’s preferred provider is busy, you’re losing potential revenue.
You can add these guests to a waitlist. If their requested time or provider becomes available, the system will alert the front desk to call the waitlisted guest to fill the opening.
If you have multiple guests waiting for the appointment, the system automatically prioritizes on a first come, first serve basis for your front desk. If you have waitlisted guests who cannot be accommodated, mark them as turn aways, so that it’s captured as revenue lost.
With wait lists, you’ll minimize losses on no-shows and cancellations, and gain revenue from turn aways that you’d otherwise lose out on.
Use waitlist and turnaway reports to determine staffing and hiring needs and identify trends in customer behavior.
Access the waitlist report from Admin > Reports > Operational > Appointments > Waitlist.
AUTOMATIC BILLING FOR PACKAGES
If you sell packages, you can now bill your guests on an automated payment schedule. For example, if a package costs $500, you can set up 5 monthly payments of $100. Zenoti will automatically charge the guest’s credit card on the payment date.
Automatic billing increases your collections and frees your front desk from the admin work related to collecting payments.
Zenoti offers flexibility as well; your guest can choose the:
- Number of payments or installments
- Date of each payment
- Amount to pay with each installment
GET NOTIFIED OF INVENTORY AUDIT DISCREPANCIES
Every time a stock audit is completed, Zenoti compares actual stock levels against expected stock levels. You can now set up an alert if the difference between the two are high. For example, if the total value of discrepancy is greater than $1000, you can set up a notification to be sent to a manager. The manager can then approve the stock count or reject it and request a new audit be performed.
This approval workflow helps you control and act on shrinkage.
MORE CONTROL FOR TIERED LOYALTY PROGRAMS
Currently, loyalty points are awarded based on how much a guest pays for the appointment. You can now choose to award loyalty points only when a service is paid in full. For example, for a $500 package that includes 5 visits, you can award loyalty points after every partial payment, or award the points only after the entire $500 has been paid.
This protects your business against returns and reduces your liabilities. You also gain control over your loyalty program; for example you can:
- Award points on the bill amount, either before or after taxes.
- Restrict awarding points on discounted items.
- If using a tiered program, control how many points to award on each sale item (or choose not to award any points at all on a specific item). For example, award a different number of points for services, products, and do not award points for packages.
- If using a tiered program, restrict redemption of points to specific items. For example, restrict guests from purchasing gift cards with their points.
- If using a tiered program, deny guests who have dropped out of the tiers from using accrued points.
INTRODUCING EDUCATOR RATINGS
Your most experienced service providers set the highest standards of service you want to offer. With Educator Ratings, you can designate high-performing employees as ‘educators’. Educators can provide ratings and feedback on other providers’ service delivery on an ongoing basis.
By mentoring employees and investing in their development, you’ll be able to improve overall service quality and build staff loyalty.
Your educators are further supported with the ability to define and track performance goals for each employee using the following reports:
- Employee Performance Report
- Educator Ratings Report
SETUP OVERTIME HOURS BY WEEKS
You could already set up staff overtime hours for a day or pay period. Now, set up overtime based on a weekly calculation. Specify the expected number of working hours per week and the system calculates any overtime for the week. This helps if you do weekly payouts for staff. Reports have been updated to provide weekly overtime details.
If you need help activating any enhancements, contact support.
- Easily identify the guests with card on file.+more
If a guest has a card on file, the system displays an icon () next to the guest name in Appointment Book and POS. When you hover over the icon, a tool tip displays the type of the card and the last four digits, similar to the following: "VISA card ending in XXXX."
- Notice guest profiles with CTA data (Specific to CSI integration).+more
If you are using CSI integration, for guest profiles includes the CTA field that is populated by the CSI sync. For the guest profiles that have Charge to Account (CTA) data, the system now shows the CTA icon () next to the guest name in Appointment Book and POS.
- Keep tabs on manual receipts.+more
It's sometime inevitable to transact in physical receipts during events such as a power outage or network downtime. However, you can now promptly bring such manual bills back into the system's before they fall through the cracks.
With this new release, you can turn on tracking manual bills for your center. Once this feature is enabled, the POS shows a new field to enter the physical bill numbers that you can use to associate manual receipts with the corresponding invoices. You can then track the manual bills using the Sales > Invoice report.
- Added support for NETS and Beam Wallet card types in Singapore and UAE respectively.+more
- Recurring membership fee (EFT) for new memberships will be deducted at a fixed time of the day. +more
The recurring membership fee (EFT) of all new memberships sold after Aug 30, 2016, will be deducted at fixed time of the day specific to your center. For example, if 1 pm is specified as the time for your center, all guests' credit cards are charged at 1 pm on the scheduled EFT date. To specify or change the time specified for your center, contact Zenoti Support. Note that EFT time for all your existing membership will remain unchanged.
- Apply discounted prices on membership renewals.+more
If a membership is sold at a discounted price, the renewal price of the membership is now set to the same discounted price by default. The system also enables you to change the default discounted price of the membership as well as set up a discounted price for any other memberships that the user is eligible to buy.
- Check out your guests more quickly. +more
Checking out your guests no longer requires you to search for their appointment slots. You can simply find the guest profile from the appointment book search and click Take Payment below the guest's name. If the guest has multiple open invoices, the system automatically opens the first open invoice based on the invoice number. Note that the new Take Payment workflow meets all the constraints set up for your payments, such as blocking payments if the previous day's register isn't closed.
- New Permissions to Control Access to Target Segments.+more
We have created the following new set of permissions that authorize or deny access to certain functionalities in target segments:
Permission Description View Allows you to view the target segments in your center. The Segmentation option in the Marketing Dashboard menu is shown if you at least have the view permission. Add Allows you to create a new target segment. On the Manage Campaigns page, the Add button is displayed only if you have the Add permission. Edit Allows you to edit any existing target segment in your center. On the Edit Target Segment page, the Save and Cancel buttons are displayed only if you have the Edit permission. Delete Allows you to delete any existing target segment in your center. On the Edit Target Segment page, the Delete button is displayed only if you have the Delete permission. Export Allows you to export the list of existing target segment in your center to Excel or .CSV files. On the Manage Target Segments page, the Excel or CSV button are displayed only if you have the Export permission.
- Import voucher codes or generate them with random numbers +more
The voucher codes created in your system no longer have to be consecutive. You can now import voucher codes from an external .CSV file or generate random codes with fixed number of digits and a common prefix or suffix. Read help article
- Enhanced configurations to customize your Tiered Loyalty Programs. +more
You can now restrict the loyalty program to closed invoices, and when you do so exercise more control over other individual elements, including the following:
- As in the Regular Loyalty Program, specify if the accrual and redemption of points must be applied on the amount before or after applying taxes
- Allow points to be awarded on discounted items (services, products, day/series/custom packages, and memberships)
- On upgrades and first time enrolments, award points based on the ratio of points eligible at each individual tier and not just based on the upgraded tier
- Exercise granular control over the purchase types in each tier that will result in points accrual. For each tier, you can explicitly select any of the following items for points accrual: Services, Products, Day Packages, Series Packages, Custom Packages, Memberships, and Gift Cards
- At an individual service level, select the services that will result in points accrual, redemption, or both.
- Expire the points for guests who are no longer a part of Loyalty Points. Read help article
- Award Loyalty Points for referrers and new tier guests. +more
You can now award Loyalty points for the following two options:
- Welcome bonus: Award points when a guest becomes part of a tier for the first time
- Referrer points: Award points to the referrer when the referred guest visits the center
- Notify your guests on three new Loyalty Point events. +more
- Configure a threshold value for Loyalty points payments.+more
You can now specify a maximum percentage value for each invoice that a guest can pay using loyalty points.
- You can now allow gift cards with different price and value to be used to pay for memberships.
- Revenue from gift or pre-paid cards used to buy memberships is recognized with membership redemptions.+more
When a pre-paid instrument such as a pre-paid card or Gift card is used to pay for buying a membership, the instrument liability is transferred and hence the revenue is recognized when the membership benefits are used, based on the revenue recognition settings of the membership.
- Enable product commissions on discounted price.+more
We've introduced the following organization level setting that when enabled calculates the product commissions on discounted price.
For example, if an employee sells a face cream worth $10.79 for $3 discount at $7.79, the product commission is now calculated as $0.78, which is 10% of $7.79.
- Award product commissions on purchases made using gift cards and membership credits.+more
You can now awarded commissions on products purchased through gift cards or membership credits. Both for membership credits and gift card payment, equivalent $ value is taken for employee commissions.
- Product commissions now prioritize the values defined in the employee profiles over slabs.+more
Previously, when product commissions were defined based on product to service sale ratio, all products use to pick commissions based on the slabs defined in the job or employee profiles. With Tardigrade, if flat or percentage value is defined for a product or category in a employee profile, it will take precedence over slabs.
- Keep track of usage of Email and Text credits.+more
Keep a track of text and email credit usage at your center using the new Text Usage and Email Usage reports (Admin > Reports > Notifications). These reports let you view the dates on which text or email credits were deposited, where they were bought -- at your center or organization, and the type of the credits -- text or email. The report provides detailed information on the credit balance used for each promotional campaign, Always-on campaign and transaction message in the selected time period, including the names of the guests to who emails or text messages were sent.
- The Gift Card Redemption report now shows the occasion for which the gift cards were bought.
- The Appointment Details report now includes a new column to show the gender of the guest.
- Retail and Consumable reports and exports (Inventory > Reports > Consumption) now also include the Vendor column.
MINOR ENHANCEMENTS and FIXES
- We have suspended the location tracking feature from the Customer Mobile App to comply with the Cellular Telephone Industries Association guidelines.