This article explains how to set up the Payment Express terminals, configure the integration between Zenoti and Payment Express, and take credit or debit card payments in Zenoti using Payment Express.
You need the following hardware to configure Payment Express processing:
- Ingenico IWL 250 Terminal: Zenoti supports IWL 250 wireless terminals.
- Power adapter and base station for the terminal.
- Straight Ethernet cable.
- The following details related to your Payment Express account: PxPay Userid, PxPay Key, Post Username, Post Password, Station, User, Key.
- Step 1: Configuring the IWL 250 Terminal
- Step 2: Configuring the Zenoti - Payment Express Integration
- Step 3: Taking credit and debit card payments in Zenoti using Payment Express
Step 1: Configuring the Terminal
- Connect the Power Supply unit into the power socket on the base unit and then in to the mains power.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet Socket on your base unit, and the other end to a corresponding socket on the Broadband router or LAN.
- Place the terminal on the base if you haven't already done so. The terminal now powers on. Press Enter on the terminal.
- In the next screen, enter the Merchant number and press enter.
You can see the Merchant number assigned to you on the Payment Express welcome letter.
- The terminal contacts each card acquirer which your terminal is configured to accept. and relevant messages are displayed.
- Finally, the terminal will dial the Host computer to report the successful installation.
- The Installation process is completed automatically, and the terminal displays the EFTPOS screen when it is ready for use.
Step 2.1: Manual Logon (Optional):
After the terminal is ready, to prepare the terminal for processing transactions, the Logon message is used. A Logon uses the assigned merchant number and terminal ID to log in to the banking switch. This is an optional process as the terminal automatically logs itself with the DPS host 10 seconds after connecting to the network. However if manual logon is required, please follow these steps:
- Press the Menu/F button in the pin pad.
- On the Transaction menu that is displayed, click Logon.
- The terminal shows Accepted message on the screen.
Step 2: Configuring the Payment Express Processing in Zenoti
- Make sure you are at the center level.
- On the Admin Dashboard, click Centers.
- Click the name of a center.
- Click the Payments tab.
- Click Integrated Payment Processing.
- Enter processor settings:
Field Description Payment Processor Select Payment Express from the list. PxPay Userid Enter your Payment Express account's user id. The username is sent to you with your Payment Express account. This is used for taking payments from the POS. PxPay Key Enter your Payment Express account's 64-character key. This key is sent to you along with your Payment Express account. This is used for taking payments from the POS. Post Username Enter your PxPost username (provided by DPS Payment Express). It is used for processing refunds. Post Password Enter your PxPost password (provided by DPS Payment Express). It is used for processing refunds. User HIT username provided by DPS. Key HIT password provided by DPS.Note that the following checkboxes are selected by default:
- Enable credit card processing in POS
- Save credit cards in POS
- Enable credit card processing in webstore
- Save credit cards in webstore
The system allows you to process credit card payments in both POS and webstore. However, to save a credit card in POS or webstore, you need have access to that feature from Payment Express. If Payment Express allows you to save a credit card in POS, learn how to Save a Credit Card in in Zenoti.
- Enter terminal Settings
After you enter the processing settings, click the Terminal tab to switch to the terminal settings. If you are configuring a terminal for the first time, you can see an Add Terminal link. Click the link and enter the following information:
Field Description Terminal Enter a name of your choice for the terminal. Station Enter the serial number unique to the device, usually printed on a sticker behind the terminal. Device Id Enter an identifier for your device consisting of up to 32 alphanumeric characters. Default Select this checkbox if you want to make this terminal the default. The users can select other available terminals while initiating a payment.
- Click Save and Close. The terminal name appears on the screen. You can edit the terminal by clicking the next to the terminal's name.
Note: You cannot delete a terminal if it is the only one that is configured.
- To add another terminal, click the Add Terminal link, and repeat steps 7 and 8.
- On the appointment book, click the appointment for which you want to process payment.
- Click Take Payment.
- On the right hand side of the POS, under the Collect Payment section, click Credit/Debit. The default terminal for the employee is selected. To change the terminal, click Change, and then select a terminal from the list that appears.
- Click Add Payment. The system shows the Transaction Started window.
- Swipe or insert the guest's credit card on Payment Express terminal and start the transaction. After the transaction begins, the system shows the Status: Processing window.
After the Status: Processing window is displayed, if you want to cancel the transaction, do it directly by pressing the Cancel button on the terminal. You can cancel the transaction by closing the Processing window because the transaction still goes through the terminal, resulting in inconsistent data between Zenoti and Payment Express.
- Depending on the outcome of the transaction, you receive the Transaction Successful or Transaction failed alerts in the Zenoti system.