The default option for taking a payment at the Point-of-Sale (POS) is Cash. That is, CASH is selected as the default method of payment in the Collect Payment section of POS.
Based on your requirement, you can choose to make one of the following payment types as the default:
- Gift Card
- Loyalty Points
To configure your preferred payment method as the default method:
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level and in the Admin tab.
- In the Admin Dashboard, click Organization > Payment.
Various categories related to Payment appear.
- Expand the PAYMENT TYPE category.
Various Payment Types and Card types appear.
- Select the PAYMENT TYPES that you wish to accept in your organization.
Note: Only the options you select here in this screen will be available in the Default Payment Option in POS drop-down list.
Example: If you do not select Cash, it will not appear in the Default Payment Option in POS drop-down list
- From the Default Payment Option in Point-of-Sale drop-down list, select the desired option. For example, Credit/Debit.
The option selected here will be the default option in the POS.
- Click Save.
The default payment method is saved.
- The Collect Payment section of POS opens with the default payment method you configured in the above steps.
In the image below, the default payment option is configured to Credit/Debit: