Read our January Upgrade blog post for major feature enhancements in the January 2016 release. This article includes only the features that are not explained as a part of the blog post.
Your Zenoti account was upgraded with the latest features on January 5. We’ve added exciting enhancements in Employee Management, Memberships, and Reporting. Here’s what’s new.
APPOINTMENT BOOK & POS
PRINT EMPLOYEE MONTHLY SCHEDULES
Print out an employee’s entire month’s schedule in an easy-to-read calendar format that shows work hours and days off.
Please note that the mobile app for employees provides up-to-the-minute schedules for all employees through a smartphone or tablet. So, if a manager changes the schedule, the app will immediately show that change. Learn more about the Employee Mobile App.
FLEXIBLE PAYROLL OPTIONS FOR EMPLOYEES
Zenoti gives you the flexibility to compensate employees with hourly pay or the commissions they make on the services they perform – whichever is higher. In addition, they’ll also receive commission for their retail sales.
This model ensures your employees are assured of a minimum wage. When they do bring in more business for you, you’re able to compensate them better. It’s a win-win for both you and your employee.
VIEW ADD ON COMMISSIONS SEPARATELY FROM SERVICE COMMISSION
View with ease the breakdown of commissions from services and service add ons. The following have been updated:
- Employee Payroll Report – the summary view shows a new column called “Add-On Commission’. The existing column ‘Service Commission’ now shows the commision for services only (whereas earlier it included the commissions from add-ons). The detailed view of the report shows a breakdown of services and add-ons in each invoice. The report can be accessed from Center > Employee > Payroll > Payroll
- Commissions Report – the report displays two new columns, ‘Add‐On Commission’ and ‘Add-On Revenue’, which shows the total commission earned by the employee as well as the total revenue amount for their add-ons. The report can be accessed from Center > Employee > Payroll > Commissions
- Employee Payslips – the payslips display a separate Add‐on commissions section that includes total commission earned by the employee during that specific pay period. You can download the payslips in MS-Excel format from Employee > Payroll > Payroll by clicking on the employee’s name whose payroll you want to view.
ENHANCEMENTS TO CANCELLATION CAPABILITIES FOR A RECURRING MEMBERSHIP
You can set a membership to cancel at any future date. For example, a guest might inform you she is moving in 3 months, at which time you can set the membership to automatically cancel on a specified date.
If you allow a guest to accrue rollover benefits, you will need to decide if the guest can redeem those benefits after their membership is cancelled and payments are stopped. You simply select how long the account should be kept “Active”.
The system will automatically change the status to “Inactive” on the defined termination date, at which time the guest will not be able to redeem any further benefits.
TRACK MANUAL DISCOUNTS FROM THE DAILY SUMMARY REPORT
The Daily Summary report provides a quick view of your business day across operations. The report now includes the amount you give away in the form of manual discounts in the day. Manual discounts are markdowns that are not part of any campaign, offer or promotion that you run, but are awarded to keep customers happy. You’ll find a new row item called Total Manual Discount in the Revenue and Sales section.
You can access the daily summary at the center level from Admin > Reports > Daily Reports > Daily Summary.
ACCESS THE TIPS SUMMARY REPORT FROM THE APPOINTMENT BOOK
Service providers like to know how much in tips they received for each service. Your front desk can now quickly access the day’s tips summary report directly from the appointment book.
To access the report, click on an empty block on the appointment book, on the menu, select ‘Today’s Tips’. The front desk can pull up tips summary details of all employees. Service providers can login with their credentials to view their own information.
If you need help activating any enhancements, contact support.
APPOINTMENT BOOK AND POS
- Print Insurance Statement for Massage Therapy Treatments (Specific to Canada): Centers based in Canada can now print an insurance statement with the necessary details for use by the insurance carriers for Massage Therapy treatments. Once you enable the statement for your center, you can print the statement by clicking the Insurance link on the invoice.
- Record More Details for Custom Payments: The system now enables you to include a textbox to enter additional notes for selected Custom Payment methods. For example, if you want to track the coupon number for Groupon transactions, you can enable the textbox for the Groupon Custom Payment type to enter the number. Note that you need to enable the textbox in the Admin module for each custom payment type you want.
You can access the information for various such custom payments as follows:
- Go to the guest profile.
- Click the Payments tab.
- For the corresponding invoice, see the information in the Additional Data column .
- Auto-Generate the Gift Card Number: The system now enables you to auto-generate gift card numbers rather than manually entering them at the time of selling a Gift Card. We've included an option at the organization level (Admin > Organization > Settings > Invoice and Payment) to enable the auto-generation and enter the start value, so the system incrementally assigns the starting value to the next gift card that is sold. For example, if you enable auto-generation of Gift Card number, and set up the seed value as 100, the first card you sell is assigned 100, and the next card you sell is automatically assigned 101.
- Control Access to Guest Profile: You can now restrict access to guest profile to just the Appointments tab. For example, if you need to allow the staff to access Appointment Book but hide other details, such as the the guest's purchase history of products or memberships, configure the employee's role to restrict access to Appointments tab.
- See the Relevant Therapists At the Time of Bookings: When you book an appointment from the Appointment Book, POS, or even the Webstore, the system now shows only the names of the therapists who are eligible to perform the selected service in the Therapist list. That means, after you assign a few therapists to a service, you cannot see the name of any other therapists while booking the service.
- Increased Time Slots to Send Appointment Reminders: When you are setting up an appointment reminder, you can now use time slots prior to 12 PM. For example, if you want to send out an appointment reminder email to your guests on the previous day of their appointment, you can schedule the reminder for any time slot from 6 AM to 10 PM of the day.
- Better Formatting of the Exported Target Guest Addresses: When you export the guest records in a target segment to Excel, the system now shows the guest address in separate fields, making it easy for you to use mail merge and send mails to your target customers. The spreadsheet includes the following address fields:
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Zip Code/Postal Code
The following is the list of additional changes to Reports:
- Track Royalty Based on Collections: Now, you can track a center’s royalty based on its collections, rather than just sales. To do so, on the Accounting Reports - Royalty page (Admin > Reports > Accounting > Royalty), select Collections from the list. The report shows the royalty amounts based on the collections from each item type. Click the royalty amount from an item to open its Collection by Item Type report, which lists all invoices along with hyperlinks that are accounted for. For example, if you want to analyze the Service collections based royalty, click the amount shown in the Service Royalty column to open the Collection by Item report for Service collections.
- Track Service Hours by Business Unit: Daily Summary report now shows the service hours spent by each Business Unit per day. We’ve added the Service Hours column under the Business Unit Sales Summary section at the bottom of the report. Note that the Service Hours are calculated as follows:
- Total time spent on all services whose invoices have been closed on the given day.
- The actual time spent on those services, and not the service time configured by the admin.
- Track Daily Collections by Card and Custom Payment Type: You can now track your center's daily collection by the type of cards as well as the type of custom payment type. We've included two options in the Daily Summary report, selecting any of which provides further details about your card and custom payment collections:
- Show CC types
- Split custom payment type
- View Recurring Membership Collections by Membership Category: You can now view the collections from your recurring memberships by each membership category. We’ve added the Membership Category filter to the following three reports for recurring membership collections (Admin > Reports > Collections):
- Collections - Recurring Memberships (Summary)
- Collections – Recurring Memberships (Detail)
- Collections – Projected Recurring Memberships.