Overview: Levels of Configuration
You can configure commissions at three levels:
- Item* level
(*Item is a common term to mean services, products, memberships, packages, free services, and gift cards.)
- Employee level
- Job level
Keep the following points in mind when you configure commissions at the job level:
- When you configure commissions at the job level, it means all employees with a given job earn the same (standard or uniform) commission. Learn more: Employee Commissions - An Overview
- You can define job level commissions for Services, Products, Free Services, Packages, Memberships, and Gift Cards from a single screen. Learn more: Creating Jobs
- You can define service commissions at the job level in the following ways:
- Flat amount: If you select this option, it means you are awarding a fixed amount as commission independent of the sale value of the service. Example: Award $20 as a commission for a given service from the job level.
- Percentage of the sale price of service: If you select this option, it means you are awarding a fixed percentage of the sale price of the service as commission. Example: Award 10% of sale as commission. If the sale price of the service is $200, then the commission an employee with this job who performs this service is $20 (10% of $200).
- Revenue slabs: If you select this option, it means you need to defined commission percentage for each price slab separately. Example: Award 2% service commission to employees with a given job when they generate a revenue of $100 to $499. Award 4% service commission to employees with a given job when they generate a revenue of $500 to $999. Similarly, you can define job-level commissions based on revenue slabs for Products, Free Services, Packages, Memberships, and Gift Cards.
Best Practise: If you configure service commissions at both, the job level and the employee level, configure the employee level commissions as an exception to reward a few employees over and above what they would normally earn as commission from the job level.
Configuring Service Commissions as a Flat Amount or as a Percentage of Service Price
Job service commissions can be set to a flat amount or a percentage of the service price. For example, for a service worth $75, you can define if you want to have a certain percentage of $75 as commission or, you can define a flat amount for each service.
To configure service commission at Job level:
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- Click the Employee tab.
- In the Employee Dashboard panel, click Jobs.
- Click a job name. For example, Therapist.
- Click the Services tab.
- Click a service if you want to add commission to an individual service.
- Enter the flat amount or the commission percentage with the percentage (%).
Note: To configure commission at the service category level, define the commission percentage or flat amount for the service category. This ensures all the sub-categories and services under the category honor the same value. The same applies to the service sub-categories too.
- Click Save.
Configuring Service Commissions based on Revenue Slabs
You can configure service revenue slabs and define a commission percentage for each slab separately. For example, if a service falls in the range of $100 to $500, you can configure the commission percentage to be 10%.
To configure the commissions based on revenue slabs:
- Ensure that you are at the center level.
- Click Employee > Jobs. The Manage Jobs page is displayed.
- Click the job name. Example: Therapist.
- Click the Commissions tab.
- From the Category drop-down list, select Services.
- In the Revenue Range field, enter the range values.
- In the Commission% field, enter the commission percentage and click Add.
- Repeat the previous step if you want to configure commissions percentages for multiple revenue slabs. See screenshot for reference.
- Click Save.