To enable guests to approve and track their discounts, benefits, or redemptions, you can enforce OTP authorization on those. Zenoti allows you to enforce OTP authorization for membership redemption both at the organization level and the center level. Once the OTP authorization is enforced, the OTP is sent to the guest's registered mobile while redeeming a membership, which needs to be produced to the front desk staff to process the redemption.
A default code for OTP can also be set for each center. which can be used to override the system generated code to handle situations such as the guest not receiving the OTP on time.
To enable OTP at the organization level
- Make sure you are in the organization view.
- On the main menu, click Admin.
- On the Admin Dashboard, click Organization > Organizations.
- Click the Settings tab, and then click General.
- Make sure the Activate SMS checkbox is selected. OTP cannot be sent if the SMS is not activate for your organization.
- Expand the Invoice and Receipt tab, and do the following:
- Click the Enforce OTP for Redemption checkbox.
- In the OTP Expiry Time (Minutes) box that appears, type the number of minutes after which you want the OTP to expire.
- Click Save.
To enable OTP at the center Level
Once the OTP setting is enabled at the Organization level, you can also choose to enable this for various centers.
To enable OTP feature at the center level, follow these steps:
- On the Admin Dashboard, click Organization > Centers.
- On the Manage Center window, click the name of a center.
- On the Edit Center window, click the Settings tab, and then expand the Invoice and Receipt tab.
- Select the Require OTP for Redemption checkbox.
- In the OTP Override Code field, type a code can be used during billing to override the system generated OTP.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the steps for each center you want to enable the OTP authorization.
Note: Make sure the center has enough SMS credits to send OTP over SMS. You can see the message balance for each center in the Edit Center window, on the top right hand corner of the General tab.