What is Loyalty Point Promotion?
Zenoti allows you to implement a loyalty program to reward customers and encourage loyalty to your business. Use loyalty points to reward guests for actions like joining your center, buying products, packages and services, referring new guests, or providing feedback. Guests can later redeem points to pay for services or products. Loyalty points are an added benefit that you can extend to your loyal customers.
Loyalty points can be defined at 2 levels: Global settings for loyalty points are defined at the organization level and promotional loyalty points program for a limited duration is defined in the Marketing module through the Loyalty Points Promotion feature. To learn about the loyalty points defined at organization level, read the 'Create and Manage Loyalty Point Tiers and Enroll Guests' article.
How is loyalty point promotion different from loyalty points defined at organization level?
The loyalty points defined at organization level can be considered as a global setting for loyalty points for your organization all through the year. However, on special occasions such as festivals, etc. you might want to create promotions on certain services or products through loyalty point promotions. A loyalty point promotion overrides the global loyalty points defined at the organization level.
When would I need to create a new loyalty point promotion?
You can create promotional loyalty points program to promote services, products, memberships or package sales by giving a guest extra loyalty points for a limited period of time. For example, create a loyalty points marketing program called ‘New Year Special’ in the month of December to give extra loyalty points to customers on purchase of certain services and products. However, you may not want customers to redeem these points in the same month, as December is a busy month. Hence, you may define the settings such that the system credits these points for a customer and the redemption will only take place in Feb or before the start of the next peak season.
How do I modify a loyalty point promotion?
To create a promotion, perform the following steps:
- In the Marketing tab, click the Loyalty Point Promotion link.
- A list of loyalty point promotions for the current center display. Click on any of the export links to export this list to other formats, such as CSV, Excel, or PDF. Click on the name of the loyalty point promotion you wish to edit.
- The GENERAL tab of the loyalty point promotion is displayed. To delete the loyalty point promotion, click the Delete Promotion button on the right pane. Edit the following on this page:
- Promotion name and description.
- The purchase start date and end date. This is the window of time during which the purchase must happen for the guest to acquire these loyalty points.
- Modify the actions and enter points earned for each of the selected actions. The actions and points defined at the organization level setting for loyalty points is displayed. You can update this as required.
- First time visit and payment - Choose this action if you wish to grant points to a guest who makes the first booking at your center and makes the first payment for any service. You can also specify the points the guest will accrue for the amount spent. For example, you can define that for every Rs. 100 spent, the guest would accrue 5 points. For this example, define 100 in the FOR AMOUNT SPENT column and enter 5 in the POINTS EARNED column. The appointment book will then automatically track the first time visitors and as they make their first payment, points will be credited to their points pool.
- Refer a new guest - Choose this action if you wish to refer points to a guest if they refer other guests. Referrals can be tracked in the appointment book for each guest. If a guest name is provided, appropriate points as defined here will be accrued to the guest's points pool.
- Purchase a service - Choose this action if you wish to grant points on the basis of amount spent on services. You can also define how many points will be granted upon how much amount spent on services.
- Purchase a product - Choose this action if you wish to grant points on the basis of amount spent on buying products. You can also define how many points will be granted upon how much amount spent on products.
- Purchase a package - Choose this action if you wish to grant points on the basis of amount spent on buying packages. You can also define how many points will be granted upon how much amount spent on buying packages.
- Purchase a gift card - Choose this action if you wish to grant points on the basis of amount spent on buying gift cards. You can also define how many points will be granted upon how much amount spent on gift cards.
- Provide feedback - Choose this action if you wish to grant points to guests who fill up feedback forms. This will be then automatically tracked by the appointment book and guest who fill in feedback forms and feedback is recorded in the appointment book will receive the points as mentioned here.
- Edit redemption start date and end date. You can define specific dates by clicking the On checkbox and selecting the dates or define the number of days after purchase when the points can be redeemed. For example, if points can only be redeemed 90 days after purchasing, enter 90 in the days after the purchase field. This is the window of time during which redemptions will be allowed. Redemption for loyalty points happen from the Take Payment screen in the appointment book by selecting the Points payment method. If a window of time is specified for redemption start and end, redemptions would only be allowed during this window and cannot happen outside of this window.
- Select\Clear the Auto Apply check box if you wish the settings of this loyalty point promotion program to be applied automatically as soon as a purchase is made during the defined period.
- Select\Clear the Loyalty point redemptions contribute to free service amount check box if you wish that the therapist who is performing the service on which a guest redeems loyalty points, should be credited for the free service as per the free service commission rules.
- To update points earned for each specific service, click the SERVICES tab.
- To update points earned for each specific product, click the PRODUCTS tab.
- To update the centers where this loyalty point promotion is available, click the CENTERS tab.
- Click Save when you are done updating.
Where can I see loyalty points balance for a guest?
Once loyalty point promotion is defined, guests will start accruing points depending upon their purchases. You can look at a guest's points balance from the appointment book using the View History link. Click the Points tab to look at the guest's loyalty points balance and other details.
How can a guest redeem loyalty points?
Once a guest has redeemed the required number of points for redemption, you can redeem his points. To redeem a guest's loyalty points, choose the Points payment method on the Take Payment screen.
To look at an online tutorial on how to set up loyalty point promotion in Zenoti, click the tutorial link on the Manage Loyalty Points Promotion page.