Zenoti allows you to set up different types of membership in your organization (at the organization level) with varied payment options, benefits, and schedules.
In this article, you will understand how to sell a non-recurring membership (where guests pay the membership fee once and use the membership benefits through the tenure of the membership).
Note: Before you can sell a non-recurring membership, you must create a non-recurring membership in the Marketing Module and make it available to various centers. For more information on creating a non-recurring membership, see Creating a Membership. It is also important to communicate properly with the front office staff about the membership details, benefits, selling points, and other useful information.
To sell a Non-recurring Membership, do the following:
- Launch POS using one of the following methods:
- For a walk-in guest: Click the POS icon on the top right corner of the Appointment Book.
- For a walk-in guest: Click an empty space in the Appointment Book and click Point of Sale from the options.
- For a guest with an appointment: Click the guest’s appointment in the Appointment Book, and from the menu, click Take Payment. POS window opens with the guest’s details.
- In the POS window, enter the guest details as follows:
- If you have opened POS from the guest’s appointment using the Take Payment option, the details of the guest are pre-populated and no further details of the guest are required to continue with the sale.
- If you have opened POS by clicking the POS icon or Point of Sale option, in the guest details section at the top of the POS, enter either the mobile number, first name, or last name of the guest, and select a matching record from the list of suggestions.
- If the guest record doesn't exist in system, enter the following required guest details to create a new guest record:
- Mobile number
- First name
- Last name
Note: The First name and Last name fields are always mandatory. You can choose to make Gender, Email, and Referral source fields mandatory from the Organization Settings (ADMIN > ORGANIZATIONS > SETTINGS > GUESTS).
- In the lower left hand pane of the window, click the MEMBERSHIP tab.
- In the Membership field, from the drop-down list, select the membership that the guest wants to buy.
Zenoti auto fills the Price. The description of the membership is displayed next to the Membership field.
Note: The front office can use the description to check if they have selected the correct membership when there are multiple memberships with similar names.
- In the Sale By list, select the name of the employee who sold the membership.
- Click Add Membership.
The membership is added.
- (Optional) If the customer has a cash back or a custom coupon which is redeemable on the membership, in the top left hand pane, enter the coupon number in the Coupon # field and click the arrow button next to it to give the appropriate discount.
- (Optional) If there is any active marketing campaign going on for the membership, click Campaign list and click the campaign.
- (Optional) In the Comments box, enter helpful notes.
- Use the Collect Payment section to take payment for the membership.
Note: Not all payment types are available while collecting payment for a membership. A guest can pay for a membership by using only one of the following options:
- Pre-paid/Gift Card
- Click Add Payment.
- Close the invoice with either the Print or SMS option.