Selling a Product
A 'product' in Zenoti is categorized into Retail and Consumable. Retail products are sold to guests and Consumable products are used by the staff to deliver services.
Front office can sell Retail products by using:
- Appointment Book: If guest already has an appointment
- Point of Sale (POS): For a walk-in guest.
You can use any of the above options to open POS window, enter product details, and to take payment.
To sell a product, do the following:
- Launch POS using one of the following methods:
- Walk-in guest: Click the POS icon on the top right corner of the Appointment Book.
- Guest has an appointment: Click the guest’s appointment in the Appointment Book, and from the menu, click Take Payment. POS window opens with the guest’s details.
- In the POS window, enter the guest details as follows:
- If you have opened POS from the guest’s appointment using the Take Payment option, the details of the guest are pre-populated and no further details of the guest are required to continue with the sale.
- If you have opened POS by clicking the POS icon, in the guest details section at the top of the POS, enter either the mobile number, first name, or last name of the guest, and select a matching record from the list of suggestions.
- If the guest record doesn't exist in system, enter the following required guest details to create a new guest record:
- Mobile number
- First name
- Last name
Note: The First name and Last name fields are always mandatory. You can choose to make Gender, Email, and Referral source fields mandatory from the Organization Settings (ADMIN > ORGANIZATIONS > SETTINGS > GUESTS).
- In the lower left hand pane of the window, click the Product tab.
- In the Product field, start typing the product name, and from the suggestions, select the product that the guest wants to buy.
- In the Quantity field, type the number of units of sale.
Zenoti auto fills the Price.
- In the Sale By list, select the name of the employee who sold the product.
- Click Add Product.
The product is added.
- (Optional) If the customer has a cash back or a custom coupon which is redeemable for the product, in the top left hand pane, enter the coupon number in the Coupon # field and click the arrow button next to it to give the appropriate discount.
- (Optional) If there is any active marketing campaign going on for the product, click Campaign list and click the campaign.
- (Optional) In the Comments box, type helpful notes.
- Enter any other products or services and proceed to take the payment as you do with other regular appointments. Learn more: Taking Payments.