What are the types of products in Zenoti?
A 'product' in Zenoti is categorized into Retail and Consumable. Retail products are sold to guests and Consumable products are used by your staff to deliver services. One of the basic setups in using the Inventory module in Zenoti is to enter all products in the system. As part of the initial setup, products are imported by Zenoti team, however, any updates to existing products or adding new products needs to be done by you.
How can I create a new product?
To create a new product, perform the following steps:
- In the Admin tab, click the Products link.
- A list of existing products for the current center display. To export the list of products, click the export icons (Excel, CSV, or PDF). The 'Export to Excel' option can also export price of each product across all your centers.
- Click the Add Product button on the right pane.
- The first step in creating a product, the General page is shown. Enter the following on this page:
- Product: Product name.
- Category: Select a category for the product from the available list of categories. You cannot create additional categories. Contact the Zenoti team if you need a new category created.
- Sub category: Depending upon the category selected, a list of sub categories is shown. Select a sub category from the list. You cannot create additional subcategories. Contact the Zenoti team if you need a new subcategory created.
- Description: Enter the plain text description for the product or enter a HTML description in the field below.
Note: The plain text description is displayed in mobile apps.
- HTML Description: Enter the HTML description for the product or enter a text description in the field above.
Note: The HTML description is displayed in webstore, and once it is entered click the preview icon to check how it will appear to the end user.
- Product code: Choose whether you wish to auto generate a product code, or enter the product code manually.
- Amount: Enter the total amount of the product and choose the units such as grams, and so on.
- MRP: Enter the maximum retail price of the product.
- Transfer price: Enter the price for this product used in transfer orders. The transfer price of the product will be populated in the 'Unit Price' field on the transfer order form. This is generally different from the product MRP.
- Consumable: Select whether the product is a consumable product.
- Retail: Select whether the product is a Retail product. A product can be marked as both, Consumable and Retail. Only a product that is marked as both, Retail and Consumable can be used for product conversions. To know more about product conversion, read the article 'Converting Products from Retail to Consumable and Vice Versa'.
- Commission: Select whether or not an employee will be entitled to commission on selling this product. The commission definition for product sales is defined in the 'Jobs' page. To know more about defining commission structure, read the article 'Defining Jobs and Commissions'.
- % factor for commission: Enter the % factor for commission for this product. This field allows you to give more commission to therapists on selling this specific product. For example, to give double commission on selling the 'Lumi Oil' product, you can assign a 200% commission factor for this product. When calculating commissions, Zenoti will automatically multiply the standard product commission by this factor to determine commissions for the sale of this specific product. To know more about factor for commission field, read the article 'Defining Commission Accelerators'.
- Click Next.
- On the next page, select the following:
- Centers where this product will be available.
- Select the Tax Included check box if tax will automatically be included for this product sale. If this setting is turned on, no tax will be added on this product in the invoice page.
- Select the appropriate tax type for this product from the drop-down list. To know more about tax types, read the article 'Creating Tax Types'.
- Enter the sale price of the product, order quantity, desired quantity, and the quantity at which an automatic alert will be generated. Reports can be generated on the basis of products below order level and products below alert level. To know more about these reports, read the article 'Inventory Alerts Report'.
- Click Next.
- Click the CATALOG tab to modify the digital catalog settings for the product:
Upload: Click this button to upload an image for this product.
Note: In the webstore and mobile app the image will be shown on the product page. Also if this is one of your recommended or new products that you display on the homepage of your webstore, the image will be shown in the sections.
- Select: Click select if you want to choose from among product images that are already uploaded.
- Show in the webstore: Select this checkbox, if you want this product to be displayed in the catalog on your webstore and mobile app.
Display Name: In this field, enter the product name you want displayed on the webstore
Note: Product names entered here can be different from those used to refer to the same products in the POS.
Display Price: In this field, enter the product price you want displayed on the webstore
Note: The display price field is useful if a particular product has variants. For example if a conditioner comes in various sizes and they are priced at $50, $75 and $100, the text here can say “Starting from $50”.
Display Order: In this field, enter the order in which this particular product will be displayed among others in the webstore.
Note: If you enter a number here for example “1”, then this product will be displayed first among all other products in the category.
Show Price: Select this checkbox, if you want to display the product price on the webstore
Note: The price entered in the display price section will be shown on the webstore and mobile app if this option is selected.
Mark Product as sold out: Select this checkbox, if you want the product to be marked as sold out on the webstore when stock runs out in your center.
Note: If this option is selected, and stock runs out customers will not be able to see the Add and Buy Now buttons in the product page and also at the bottom of the product when it is displayed in the New Products or Recommended Products section.
Show In New Products: Select this checkbox, if you want the product displayed in the new products section of your catalog.
Show In Recommended Products: Select this checkbox, if you want the product displayed in the recommended products section of your catalog.
Page Title: Enter the page title that will be used when displaying the product in the catalog. Page titles are seen on search engine results pages (SERPs) as a snippet describing the content in a particular page, and they are considered for SEO ranking and sharing on social media.
Meta Keywords: Enter any meta keywords that are relevant for the particular product.: Meta keywords are also known as meta tags and are highlighted in search engine results pages (SERPs) when people use them in search strings. They are used when search engines rank pages to identify the specific content included in a page.
Meta Description: Enter the meta description for the product. Meta descriptions are displayed in search engine results pages (SERPs) and help people understand the product listed in a page. Therefore meta descriptions act as ads and encourage people to click on links.
YouTube Video ID:Enter the YouTube video ID.
Note: The Video ID is the last number in the specific URL assigned to a video. If a video ID is entered a preview image will be displayed and you can click it to see the video. For example if you have a YouTube video explaining the benefits of a certain product you can use it here.
- In the Variants tab:
A product variant is typically the same product offered in a different size. For example you might want to sell both a 30ml and 15ml bottle of Invigor Mint Conditioner on your webstore. You should first create variants as products in the master product list, and then add them to a product. Users will be shown the product with the variant as an option on the webstore and they can then select which to purchase.
- In the Product field, start typing the product name that should be added as a variant. The system will retrieve all matches. Select the appropriate match from the drop-down list.
Note: The drop-down will only show products that have not already been defined as a variant for another product .
- Click Add. The record will display in the list below.
- Repeat the process to add more variants of the product.
- Click the red cross to delete variants from the lis
- In the Related tab:
The Related tab can be used to cross-sell products and services to guests on your webstore. For example when guests view details of a hair shampoo, a related Invigor Mint Conditioner or Invigor Mint Styling Gel can be displayed. You should first create related products and services in the service or product list, and then add them to products.
- In the Product field, start typing the related product or service name. The system will retrieve all matches. Select the appropriate match from the drop-down list.
Note: The drop-down will only show products and services that have not already been related to another product.
- Click Add. The record will display in the list below.
- Repeat the process to add more related services or products.
- Click the red cross to delete related products or services from the list