What is a check out?
Zenoti categorizes products into 2 categories – Retail and Consumable. Retail products are sold to customers and consumable products are used within a spa\salon\clinic to deliver services. All operations related to inventory in Zenoti are categorized into these 2 broad categories.
Zenoti assumes that in each center there is a store room. Whenever new products arrive, it assumes all products go into the store room. When products on the floor are consumed or sold and you do not have the desired quantity available on the floor, you need to transfer products from the store room to the floor. Similarly, to transfer products to other centers, if you do not have the desired quantity available on the floor, you need to check out products from store to floor to enable the transfer. This is done using the checkout process in Zenoti. All products need to be 'checked out' from a store room by an employee to be used on the floor (Consumable products), to be sold by the reception (Retail products), or to be transferred to another center. A check out can be considered as a physical movement of product from store room to 'on floor'.
Note that you can also enable an automatic transfer or products (Retail and Consumable) from store to floor by the system, if this setting is enabled in the Admin mode. If you enable this setting, if the desired quantity of products for selling (Retail products) or for consuming to deliver a service (Consumable products) are not available on the floor, the system automatically transfers the desired quantity from store to floor, without the inventory manager having to do this manually. To do this, check the following check box in the Admin mode under Organizations > Settings page:
- Enable Auto Checkouts from Store to Floor for Product Transfers: If enabled, the system will automatically transfer the desired quantity of product from store to floor to enable product transfers.
- Enable Auto Checkouts from Store to Floor for Retail Product Sales: If enabled, the system will automatically transfer the desired quantity of Retails products from store to floor to enable Retail product sales.
- Enable Auto Checkouts from Store to Floor for Consumable Product Consumption: If enabled, the system will automatically transfer the desired quantity of Consumable product from store to floor to enable product consumption for services.
How can I check out products?
- In the Inventory tab, click the Check out link under Retail (if you wish to check out Retail products) OR click the Check out link under Consumables (if you wish to check out Consumable products).
- Enter the name of the product to be checked out. The unit and current store quantity of the product displays.
- Enter the quantity of products to be checked out. The check out quantity must be less than or equal to the current store quantity.
- Select the employee from the drop-down list who is responsible for the check out.
- Enter notes, if any.
- Click Check-Out. The checked out product is shown in the Checkout History grid. Consumable products can also be checked out in the same way by clicking the Check Out link for Consumables.
Note: If you use products that are not associated with any service but are still consumed at your center, you can now manually mark them consumed during the checkout process.To do this, when checking out a consumable product, select the Checkout for consumption checkbox. This will mark the product as consumed and it will be reflected in all the inventory reports.
If you have the required permissions, you can edit\override a past check out transaction by clicking the Edit link. Export the list of all check out transactions by clicking on the export icons.
Click the product name link to view the product ledger or history. The Product Transaction History page shows date wise transactions for this product, along with quantity updates.
Overriding Check Out Quantity Restrictions
By default, the quantity to be checked out must be less than or equal to the current store quantity. To override this restriction, you can click the Allow checkout/conversion when the stock is not available field in the Organizations Setting page. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Access the Admin mode.
- Click the Organizations link.
- Click the Settings tab and expand the Inventory section.
- Check the Allow checkout/conversion when the stock is not available check box.
- Click Save. Once this setting is enabled, you will be able to check out and convert quantities which is less than the available store and floor quantities.