What is an Order?
A very common task in inventory management is to manage orders. Orders in Zenoti are of two types - purchase order and transfer order. To order new products from a vendor, you need to create a purchase order and to order products from your head office or another center, you need to create a transfer order. To know about how to raise orders, read the articles 'Creating a Purchase Order' and 'Creating a Transfer Order'.
Once orders are created, you can copy an order to create a similar order and make changes appropriately. Copying saves considerable time in creating orders.
How do I copy an order?
- In the Inventory tab, click the Orders link.
- The Manage Procurement page is shown with a list of all orders related to the current center. You can filter this page based on orders such as purchase order, tax invoices, transfer to center, transfer from center, and all orders. You can also filter on the status of the order such as created, updated, raised, delivered, and all statuses. Select a duration from the drop down list and click Refresh.
- Click on the reference number of the order which you wish to copy.
- You can copy an existing order to a purchase order or a transfer order. Click the Copy to Purchase or Copy to Transfer button as required.
- When you click on the copy buttons, a dialog box appears where you need to choose the vendor to which you wish to raise the new order. Choose the vendor from the drop down list of vendors and click OK.
- After you select the vendor, the order form is copied for the vendor you have selected. You can make changes to the order form as required and click Save or Save&Raise to the order form to raise it.