What are Performance Metrics and How it is Useful?
Zenoti has identified a set of 7 performance criteria or metrics to help you evaluate your employees better. You can set goals or targets for these metrics and Zenoti would give you reports which you can review to track your employee's performance against these metrics. Performance metrics allow you to have a systematic, transparent, measurable, and an objective way of evaluating your employees instead of only being dependent on manager or customer ratings. Performance metrics can be defined as different goals for different centers as this is defined at each center level. Also note that the performance metrics you define are applicable to ALL employees in your center.
How do I Define the Performance Metrics?
To define performance metrics, perform the following steps:
- In the Employee tab, click the Performance link under Settings Section.
- The following metrics are available. Enter goals for each of them and click Save.
- Attendance - defines the minimum attendance or the attendance goal for the employees as a percentage. Once defined, it gets calcuated automatically from the Appointment book through check in/check outs.
- Punctuality - defines the punctuality percentage for your employees. For example, punctuality target of 95% means that if the employee's shift starts at 8AM, the employee must check in at 8AM 95% of the time. Once defined, it gets calculated automatically from the Appointment book through check in/check outs.
- Utilization - defines the productivity percentage of an employee or the time an employee must be busy delivering services. For example, if employees at your center have a 8 hrs working day, a 50% utilization target means the employees must be busy delivering services for at least 4 hrs every day. Once defined, it gets calculated automatically from the Appointment book as services are booked for therapists and each service has a duration.
- Guest Satisfaction - defines the minimum customer rating the employee must receive from customer on services he is performing. Once defined, it gets calculated automatically through the feedback forms that customers fill out at the end of the service and the feedback ratings are then entered through the Appointment book.
- Revenue - defines the target revenue for employees. The revenue can come from delivering services or selling products, memberships, packages, and gift cards. Once defined, the revenue automatically gets calculated based on the therapist being assigned to services or sale of items from the Appointment book.
- Working Hours - defines the minimum working hours for employees in your center. Once defined, it gets calcuated automatically from the Appointment book through check in/check outs.
- Retention Rate - defines what percentage of guests must be retained, such that they come back to the center whether to the same therapist or to a different therapist. Once defined, it gets calculated automatically through guest history and looking at who the therapist was on the first visit.
Once performance metrics are defined, you can review each employee's performance against these metrics using the Performance reports in Employee module. To know more about these reports, read the 'Employee Performance Reports' article.