By default, Zenoti allows your front office staff to provide discounts directly from the POS screen. However, you can restrict front office access to discounts in the following two ways:
- Disable the Discount field in the POS screen
- Enforce manager or owner authentication for discounts
To disable discounts or set up authentication
- Make sure you are in the organization view, and on the main menu, click Admin.
- On the Admin dashboard, click Organization > Organizations.
- On the Edit Organization window, click the Settings tab, and then click Invoice&Receipt.
- To disable the Discount field in POS, clear the Apply discounts on invoice price checkbox.
- Do one of the following:
- To disable the Discount box on the POS screen, clear the Apply discounts on invoice price checkbox.
- To enforce manager's or owner's authentication for entering discounts, select the Require manager authentication to adjust discount checkbox. If this option is selected, the system prompts for manager's or owner's credentials before the front desk staff can enter the discount.