You can choose to add cash registers at the center level to:
- Maintain separate cash registers to track collections made by each of your front desk staff.
- "Mirror an invoice" from a cash register to an iPad for the guest to review, add tip amount, and collect card payments.
Note: You can enable and add cash registers only if you have an Enterprise license.
To add a cash register:
- At the organization level, navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings (tab).
A list of settings appears.
- Expand Invoice and Settings. In the Invoice Settings section, select the Enable multiple cash registers checkbox.
You can now add cash registers at the center level.
- At the center level, navigate to Admin > Setup > Cash Registers.
The Manage Cash Registers page opens.
- Click Add.
The Create New Cash Register page opens.
- Complete the following fields:
- Code: Enter a short code name for the register. For example, Prod_Reg.
- Name: Enter a name for the register. For example, Product Register.
- (Optional) Description: Enter a short description.
- Enable Invoice Mirroring: Select this checkbox to mirror an invoice to an iPad.
- Active: This checkbox is selected by default indicating that the register is available for use. If you do not want to use the cash register yet, clear the checkbox.
- Click Save.
The cash register is added.
- To add additional cash registers, repeat steps from 4 to 7.