This article walks you through the steps to initiate a payment from the Zenoti Mobile POS. Before you can accept credit card payments using Zenoti Payments, you should have completed the setup instructions.
Note: If you plan to initiate a payment through the desktop, read the read the Zenoti Payments: Set Up Mirror Mode and Zenoti Payments: Accept Card Payments in Mirror Mode articles.
To accept credit card payments on Zenoti Mobile POS
- On the iPad, launch Zenoti Mobile POS.
- Select the appointment for which you wish to take payment.
The appointment details appear to the right with an option to Checkout.
- Tap Checkout.
A window to add more items to the invoice appears. The total amount appears to the right.
- Select the required additional items and tap Total.
The various payment types appear.
- Select Credit Card as the payment method. The credit card payment screen opens.
- Based on your requirement, you can do one of the following:
- If the guest's credit card is stored on the file, tap it to complete taking the payment.
- Tap Add New Card and store a new credit card on file.
- Tap Use Card Reader.
- If you have tapped Use Card Reader in the previous step, a prompt asking you to Present Card appears.
- Based on the card (chip, magnetic stripe, or NFS enabled) the guest has presented, you can dip, swipe, or tap the credit card on the card reader.
- Follow the instructions on the card reader to complete the transaction.
The transaction details are updated in Zenoti and a Payment Successful screen appears with an option to print receipt (requires you to have a printer connected to your iPad).
Note: The very first time you transact using the card reader, the card reader might perform a software update on the device (takes few minutes to complete). This update happens only once.
- (Optional) Tap Print to print the receipt.